Suppose you use Windows 10 and want to connect your computer with a wireless keyboard, mouse, or headset or transfer files from your smartphone to your computer via Bluetooth. You must Enable Bluetooth Windows 10 first.
This article will explain to you how to do it. You will learn:
How to quickly enable Bluetooth windows 10
Generally, you can turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 by following these simple steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Search for Bluetooth settings in the search box.
- Then click on Bluetooth and other devices settings from the results.
- Make sure the toggle as shown in the image below is turned ON.
- Click the small triangle icon at the bottom right of the screen, and you will see the Bluetooth icon; it means that you have activated Bluetooth in Windows 10.
But if Windows 10 Bluetooth missing, basically if you don’t see the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, don’t worry; you can try the following methods to solve the problem.
I can’t turn on Bluetooth Windows 10
Here are the top 3 most straightforward ways to fix Bluetooth not working Windows 10 issues. Just scroll through the list until you find the method that works for you.
- Update your Bluetooth driver.
- Re-enable the Bluetooth driver software in the Device Manager.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth support service is running.
Hopefully we won’t see such issues in Windows 11!
Solution 1: Update your Bluetooth driver.
Bluetooth requires supporting hardware and software to work. When you are sure that your computer supports Bluetooth but cannot use it for some reason, the most likely cause is maybe the Windows 10 Bluetooth driver missing. And the great thing is, the answer is the same for “How to install Bluetooth on Windows 7“!
Fortunately, this is also the most straightforward problem to solve. There are two ways to update your Bluetooth driver: Manual or Automatic.
Update your Bluetooth driver manually:
You can manually update your Bluetooth driver by visiting the hardware manufacturer’s website and searching for the latest Bluetooth driver to finally Enable Bluetooth Windows 10.
But if you use this method, be sure to choose the driver that is compatible with your exact hardware model and Windows version. If you don’t have the patience, skills, or time to update your driver manually, please update your Bluetooth driver automatically.
Update your Bluetooth driver automatically:
You can use Driver Easy to do this automatically instead. You don’t really need to know exactly which system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about errors during installation. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy.
- Click Scan now.
- Driver Easy will scan your computer for the problematic driver.
- Click Update next to the selected device to download the correct version of the driver automatically.
- Then you can install them manually.
- Or click “Update All” to download and install them automatically. (This requires the professional version. When you click Update All, you will be prompted to update. You will get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.)
- Restart the computer and check if you can now activate Bluetooth.
- If not, please contact the Driver Easy support team at email@example.com for further assistance. They will be happy to help you.
Or you can skip to Solution 2 below.
Solution 2: Re-enable the Bluetooth driver software in the device manager.
- Click the start button.
- Enter the device manager in the search box.
- And select the corresponding result.
- Expand the Bluetooth radio category.
- You will see the Bluetooth hardware listed.
- If you don’t see the “Bluetooth Radio” category, look for your Bluetooth adapter under the “Network Adapter” category.
- It usually contains a network card for connecting to a wireless or wired network.
- If the Bluetooth icon has a yellow exclamation mark on it, you must install the correct driver to make Bluetooth work. Please refer to how to install or update the latest Bluetooth driver mentioned in Solution 1.
- Right-click on your Bluetooth device and select Disable.
- Right-click on your device again, and then click Enable.
- Click to show hidden icons. Can you see the Bluetooth icon now?
If so, congratulations. You were successful to Enable Bluetooth Windows 10. But if it still does not exist, please try solution three below.
Solution 3: Make sure that the Bluetooth support service is running.
- Type Services in the start search.
- And then select the service to access the Windows Service Manager.
- In the list, find the Bluetooth support service, right-click it and select Start. (If the “Start” option is grayed out, click “Restart.”)
- Right-click the Bluetooth support service again, and this time select Properties.
- Set the startup type to automatic.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Now check if you find the Bluetooth icon in the notification area.
I hope this article helped you to enable Bluetooth windows 10. As always, I welcome your comments below to share your results or any other suggestions.